Re: [Xen-users] drbd 8 primary/primary and xen migration on RHEL 5

On 2008-07-31 23:24, Antibozo wrote:
On 2008-07-31 21:58, nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I am running DRBD primary/primary on Centos 5.2 with CLVM and GFS with no problems. The only issue I have with live migration is that the arp takes 10 - 15 sec to get refreshed so you lose connectivity during that time. I have the problem with 3.0ish xen on Centos 5.2 as well as xen 3.2.1.

One can run a job on the vm to generate a packet every second or two to resolve this; ping in a loop should do it.

Quick follow-up:

arping -b -A *ip-address-of-vm*

seems to work pretty well. I get a 2-3 second dropout if I'm running this during live migration.

--
Jefferson Ogata : Internetworker, Antibozo
<ogata@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  http://www.antibozo.net/ogata/