From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rudi Ahlers
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 11:23 PM
To: xen-users
Subject: [Xen-users] can I clone a runiung domU?

Hi all

I'd like to know if it's possible to clone a running domU. I need to
make an exact copy of an existing CentOS xen domU, but without taking it
offline. I'm using LVM, so I don't know if it will help.

I have tried doing it with dd, after shutting down the domU, but it
takes ages. The LVM image is 30GB. I can't really afford to have the
running one off line that long, so if possible I'd like todo it while
it's running.

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers