Re: [Xen-users] how to run fsck for a crashed domU?

Do this:

fsck.ext2 -y -f /home/vm/vm01.img
or
fsck.ext2 -y -f /home/vm/vm01.img
or
xfs_check -f /home/vm/vm01.img

... the case for your filesystem type.

Rudi Ahlers schrieb:
Hi all

I have a CentOS Xen domU, on a CentOS server, which crashed and doesn't boot up. The domU uses a disk image, /home/vm/vm01.img

I get the following in the console:

----snip----

Scanning logical volumes
  Reading all physical volumes.  This may take a while...
  Found volume group "VolGroup00" using metadata type lvm2
Activating logical volumes
  2 logical volume(s) in volume group "VolGroup00" now active
Creating root device.
Mounting root filesystem.
kjournald starting.  Commit interval 5 second

-----snip-----

So, it's using an LVM file system, on top of the Xen image.
But, then I get this:

----snip-----
Setting up Logical Volume Management: 2 logical volume(s) in volume group "VolGroup00" now active
[  OK  ]
Checking filesystems
Checking all file systems.
[/sbin/fsck.ext3 (1) -- /] fsck.ext3 -a /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 contains a file system with errors, check forced.
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00: Inode 67830 has illegal block(s).

/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY.
    (i.e., without -a or -p options)
[FAILED]

*** An error occurred during the file system check.
*** Dropping you to a shell; the system will reboot
*** when you leave the shell.

So, how can I run fsck on that file system?

I have tried to mount /home/vm/vm01.img - but it fails:

# mount -o loop /home/vm/vm01.img /mnt/vm01/
mount: you must specify the filesystem type