Subject:    Re: [Xen-users] how to run fsck for a crashed domU?
From:    Alexander HoÃdorf <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        01/08/2008 14:11

okay, I got it now...

step by step...

1. losetup /dev/loop4  /home/vm/vm01.img
# This mounts the image file as imaginary physical to /dev/loop4

2. kpartx -va /dev/loop4
# This creates a device map with partitions in vm01.img in /dev/mapper

3. vgscan
# This should discover your lvm VGs from Image.

4. lvscan
# Should list the ACTIVE  volumes.

5. Now you can do e2fsck to the volumes listet by lvscan.
But be sure to e2fsck only the LVs from yout Image if you're using lvm in Dom0, too.

Please give feedback if this worked for you.

Cheers,
Alex