[Xen-users] dom0 and domU shutdown behavior

If I do an xm shutdown or shutdown from within domU I get a graceful
shutdown. If I shutdown dom0 the guests are just getting "killed". Is
there a way to make dom0 shut down the domUs more gracefully?
I haven't seen any ill effects yet, but I assume a graceful shutdown would
be better in any case.

Documentation at
http://tx.downloads.xensource.com/downloads/docs/user/#SECTION022300000000
00000000
says that xendomains would do this. However, I can't see that it does.

I also see these explanations in man xmdomain.cfg (which don't seem to
apply to the situation above, I'm just asking about one option):

on_shutdown
   Triggered on either an xm shutdown or graceful shutdown from inside
   the DomU.

on_reboot
   Triggered on either an xm reboot or graceful reboot from inside the
   DomU.

on_crash
   Triggered when a DomU goes to the crashed state for any reason.

However, in my original config files created with virt-manager quite some
time ago I have

on_poweroff =

Is on_poweroff valid anymore? Or is on_shutdown maybe wrong documentation?

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany