Re: [Xen-users] Centos 5.2 using LVM -> DRBD 0.82 -> Xen Problems

On 2008-08-05 14:55, Robert Dunkley wrote:
I'm trying to get Xen to use a native DRBD device but it seems it will not create the virtual machine. It does not seem to like the DRBD device type, any ideas on what might be wrong?

Iâm pretty sure my xen config file is OK and the DRBD device looks fine too.

You might want to read the messages I've posted here recently with the subject "drbd 8 primary/primary and xen migration on RHEL 5".

The block-drbd script provided by drbd (which enables the "drbd:" syntax in xen config files) does not work, at least not on HVM vms (I haven't tested PVMs). By the time the script is executed, qemu-dm is already running and has already bailed on the device.

You can try using my qemu-dm wrapper script found at this URL:

http://www.antibozo.net/xen/qemu-dm.drbd

Save the wrapper script as /usr/lib64/xen/bin/qemu-dm.drbd, and modify the "device_model" line in your xen config file to point to the wrapper script.

Alter the disk line to use "phy:/dev/drbd0" instead of using the "drbd:drbd0" syntax. Make sure drbd0 is in secondary state *on both peers* before you start the vm. The script logs to the daemon facility, so watch your /var/log/messages.

Let me know how it goes.

--
Jefferson Ogata : Internetworker, Antibozo