[Xen-devel] North America Xen Summit Dates For Consideration

To Xen Community:

Oracle has agreed to host the next North America Xen Summit in early 2009 and we are currently looking at possible dates for the event which will be in Redwood Shores at Oracle HQ. Please respond to me directly with your thoughts on the dates we are looking at so I can determine the best time to hold the event. Thanks,

FAST 2009 (Feb 24-27) in San Francisco (http://www.usenix.org/event/fast09/)  - Do you plan to attend this event? Is this a time conflict? We are thinking of Feb 24 – 26 as a possible date range or possibly the week before.

VEE 2009 (March 11 – 13) in Washington, DC (http://www.veeconference.org/) – Do you plan to attend this event? We could hold our event on the 9th and 10th or the following Monday to allow people to go to both events; however, we will be on opposite coasts.

Also, we are discussing having a three day event (Day 1 – Evening; Day 2 – All Day; Day 3 – Morning) structure instead of the standard two day events we have now. Any thoughts on switching the format?

Thanks.

Stephen Spector

Sr. Program Manager, Xen.org

772.621.5062