RE: [Xen-users] Another GPLPV update

  • To: "Age_M" <Age_M@xxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 16:24:04 +1000
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 23:24:45 -0700

> Hi James,
>
> I just updated from 0.9.11-pre10 to 0.9.11-pre11 and sadly this makes
my
> German Windows XP Prof SP3 unbootable :-/
> I see the  Windows XP logo on black background with the blue
progressbar
> which suddenly stops and both vcpu take 100%. Even after several
minutes
> nothing changes, I don't even see a BSOD?
> This leaves me with destroying domU and boot without /gplpv.
>
> Any idea what could cause this? But more important, any idea how to
> debug this? Tell me how I can provide you with more detailed info.

Hmmm.... does it do it every time? I don't have an XP DomU to test on
but can make one pretty quickly.

Also, please try with only one vcpu, although that's unlikely to make a
difference.

There are some instructions for attaching the windows debugger on the
wiki. If you could get the output of that it might be useful if I can't
otherwise reproduce it.

James