Re: [Xen-users] Xen - AoE benchmarks

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, 14. August 2008 19:27 schrieb Andy Burns:
> On 14/08/2008 17:31, Markus Hochholdinger wrote:
> > I tried the disconnecting feature and it is really what i want. I just
> > turned off the iscsi target and waited till my raid1 degraded. Then
> > turned on the iscsi target and simply resynced my raid1. I didn't had to
> > do any re-discovering or resetting anything! That's what i want.
> Just interested, did you use md raid over iscsi within each domU?
> Or mdraid over iscsi in the dom0 then slice it up via LVM and export to
> the domUs?

i use md raid1 inside domU. With this configuration i can grow disks, raid1
and filesystem of a domU without interrupting (or restarting) it. I don't
need any heartbeat or cluster thing for my storage. I need only the ability
of my (virtual) disks to fail if one storage server fails.
Only drawback is the rebuild process after one storage completely fails.

--
greetings

eMHa