[Xen-users] Xen 3.2 on debian dom0 2.6.18 x86_64 running Windows XP SP3 : gplpv 0.9.11pre11 not working

Hi,

I installed a debian xen server using the 3.2 xen hypervisor and the 2.6.18 xen
enabled kernel ( from stable ) x86_64 . I installed a 32bit windows xp using
hvm. This all worked perfectly. Networking and disk io work.

I installed SP1a, SP3 and the .net 2.0 framework.

I then tried to install the gplpv drivers. I downloaded the 0.9.11pre11 and
installed it.

While installation, I get "the device is not plugged in, cannot update driver"
6 times, installation of the driver seems to work ( windows complains a couple
of times that it cannot verify the drivers are of its own 'high' standard ).
After installation, I get several "new hardware" windows. I let windows install
the default drivers ( which are the gplpv drivers ).

I then reboot the domU ( without altering the boot.ini ). In the device
manager, the vbd xen devices and the xen net device all have a exclamation mark
on them. The only xen device working without problems is "xen pci device
driver".

All drivers have the same error : Code 12 : insufficient free resources ( its a
dutch installation, so this is a translation ).

When I edit the boot.ini to add the /gplpv and boot with that, I get een BSOD
on Mup.sys.

Here's my config. Strangely enough, I do not need to put any ioemu stuff in the
file for windows to boot ( maybe this is new in 3.2 ? ):
------------------------------------
kernel = "/usr/lib/xen-default/boot/hvmloader"
builder='hvm'
memory = 512
name = "windows2"
disk = [
'phy:/dev/vg00/windows2-snap,hda,w','file:/root/winxp-nl-setup-Q6TD9-9FMQ3-FRVF4-VPF7Y-38JV3.iso,hdc:cdrom,r','file:/root/wintemp.iso,hdd:cdrom,r',
 ]
vif = [ 'bridge=eth0,mac=00:16:3E:00:02:01', ]
device_model = '/usr/lib/xen-default/bin/qemu-dm'
boot='cd'
sdl=0
vnc=1
vnclisten="0.0.0.0"
vncunused=1
acpi=1
apic=0
pae=1
usb = 1
usbdevice = 'tablet'
#serial="pty"
----------------------------------

Does anybody have an idea of what could be wrong ?

Thanks in advance,

Peter.
--
Peter Van Biesen