Re: [Xen-users] Xen and iSCSI - options and questions

> > Using multipath (and sync'ing /etc/multipath.conf), I migrate SAN LUNs
> > around between hosts in this manner so I think the only difference here
> > would be allowing multiple logins on the target.
>
> You cannot safely assume nobody is writing to that iSCSI LUN, therefore
> for example block-iscsi logins in and out for you between host upon
> create/shutdown/migration.

Well no, you can't assume it, you have to ensure it with configuration.
In any shared disk scenario, you have to make the same assurances
(cluster filesystems, for example).  But yes, I suppose it would be
safer at least to do migrations with the block-iscsi scripts.

John

--
John Madden
Sr. UNIX Systems Engineer