[Xen-users] Problem with xen/libvirt on CentOS 5.2

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Alain Barthe" <ab266061@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 16:29:18 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 07:30:03 -0700

Hi,

After some unsuccessful live migrations, virt-manager does no more work, it can no more connect to the dom0. I suppose that is related to the error below from virsh :

[root@dev31xen2 ~]# LANG=en_GB virsh list
 Id Name                 State
  0 Domain-0             running
libvir: Xen error : Domain not found: xenUnifiedDomainLookupByID
 10 tst31domu            blocked

...while "xm" commands work as usual.

Looks like the libvirt related tools try to maintain informations about inactive domU among several dom0, and get lost when a migration is failing. Restarting xend and libvirtd (a new stuff in this version) does not fix anything. I didn't try the reboot of the dom0 as it is not possible in real life. The existence or not of the domU config file in the /etc/xen directory changes nothing.

The question is : from which information libvirt is working ? From xenstore (I saw that all domU that have been active somewhen on a dom0 are kept in the xenstore database) ?

Thanks for your reply.

Alain.