RE: [Xen-users] problem with extra storage via iscsi

Hello,

        From my point of view, Tammo is right...

You write:
Why would performance be better with an extra layer (dom0)?

- because in DomU You can have as far as I know in maximum 100MBit network
device, in Dom0 You can use the gigabit (or possible 10Gbit - I did not
tried it) connection without problems, so any network device should have
then much more better performance if mapped as block device through Dom0...

You write:
Connecting the LUN to dom0 and assigning it as a regular blockdevice to domU
has a large drawback: there is no protection against using the same
blockdevice in multiple domU's.

- if You have some device already mounted in some DomU or in Dom0 as
read-write, then the start of the next guest which is trying to mount such a
device as read-write too results into the error by start of such a domain
and the DomU is not started then - at least on my Xen boxes it behaves so...

        With regards, Archie