Re: [Xen-users] NIC not working inside guest

  • To: "Xen list" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Jerry Amundson" <jamundso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:53:25 -0600
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 09:54:02 -0700

Yvo,
Please don't reply directly to people.

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 1:01 AM, Yvo van Doorn <yvo.vandoorn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 10:08 PM, Jerry Amundson <jamundso@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 9:46 PM, Yvo van Doorn <yvo.vandoorn@xxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>> Hey everyone,
>>>
>>> I am trying to kickstart a Xen guest (CentOS 5) and this has worked
>>> fantastically on one of two HP DL360G5s. Both run Xen 3.2.0 with
>>> CentOS 5. It works without an issue on one machine and I have 4 CentOS
>>> 5 Xen guests running without a hitch but I am having a heck of a
>>> problem doing the same exact thing on the 2nd host. Basically I try to
>>
>> Well, it would seem your solution is right there - something is
>> different between the two machines. What is it?
>>
>> jerry
>>
>> --
>
> That is it. Nothing from what I can tell. Same NICs, same processors,
> same packages (did a 'rpm -qa | sort' for each box and have an
> identical package output). Same switch module on the 6509.

Look closer, something is different. Xen 3.2.0 was an rpm install? You
might analyze the configs/scripts in /etc/xen, for example.
Same *setttings* on the ports on the 6509? Tried a different network cable?

jerry

--
There's plenty of youth in America - it's time we find the "fountain of smart".