RE: [Xen-users] Pasting into virtual console?

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "David Dyer-Bennet" <dd-b@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 16:55:47 -0500 (CDT)
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 14:56:26 -0700

On Fri, October 3, 2008 16:18, Dustin Henning wrote:
>       Practically anything you can do on a real machine, you can do on a
> virtual one.  If you can normally make RealVNC/TightVNC servers run and do
> what you want on the OSes that you are using in your VMs, then you should
> be
> able to do it the same way in the VMs (granted more port mapping will be
> necessary).  I'm out for the weekend, but perhaps someone else can help
> you,
> or perhaps that's enough info.

Nope, what I know how to do is to log onto a machine and *then* start a
vnc server; it sounded like you were talking about a way to have the OS
itself start a VNC server *before* somebody logged in.  That one I don't
get.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info