Re: [Xen-users] domU's colliding

As a first guess, I'ld check free memory in dom0. If some of your domUs
are HVM, the qemu-dm's might eat up all of your dom0 memory. Maybe the
OOM_Killer is kicking lights out?

James Pifer schrieb:
> On Mon, 2008-10-06 at 15:12 -0400, James Pifer wrote:
>> I've had this problem in the past and do not have a solution at the
>> moment. I'm currently running SLES10SP1, not sure if sles10SP2 is a
>> solution. Anyway...
>>
>> I had a couple sles10sp2 tst domU's running. The person using them
>> needed them to be sles10sp1. Since I'm running low on available RAM, I
>> needed to remove the sp2 test machines to create the sp1's.
>>
>> So I delete the sp1's, then restart virt-manager to make sure the memory
>> is available (another bug in my version I believe).
>>
>> I copy my image file and use virt-manager to create the new domU.
>>
>> When I start the domU it crashes one of my other domU's.
>>
>> Then if I try to restart the crashed one, in this case it blue screens.
>> I've also had it where I start one, and I get the console of another.
>> Not sure where that conflict is at, but it doesn't appear to be the
>> IDs.
>>
>> The first "xm list" is when I first created sles10sp1-tst1. Notice the
>> ID's:
>> xen03:/etc/xen/images # xm list
>> Name                                ID   Mem VCPUs      State   Time(s)
>> Domain-0                             0   240     4     r----- 2372694.3
>> hpd01                              155  3586     4     -b----  14238.8
>> ids                                164  2048     1     -b----  42833.6
>> lp01                               162  1024     1     ------  10513.6
>> rly05                              152  3072     4     r-----  97473.1
>> sms01                               37  1024     1     -b----  88593.2
>> vre02                              174   512     1     r-----     42.5
>> vre04                              172   512     1     r-----    102.3
>> vre06                              173   512     1     ------    121.2
>> sles10sp1-tst1                     175   512     1     -b----      3.6
>>
>> The next "xm list" is after sles10sp1-tst1 is started. Notice that vre06 is
>> now off and ID has gone away.
>> xen03:/etc/xen/images # xm list
>> Name                                ID   Mem VCPUs      State   Time(s)
>> Domain-0                             0   240     4     r----- 2372754.0
>> hpd01                              155  3586     4     -b----  14239.6
>> ids                                164  2048     1     -b----  42839.6
>> lp01                               162  1024     1     ------  10513.6
>> rly05                              152  3072     4     -b----  97489.9
>> sms01                               37  1024     1     -b----  88593.7
>> vre02                              174   512     1     -b----     49.8
>> vre04                              172   512     1     -b----    109.6
>> vre06                                    512     0               143.0
>> sles10sp1-tst1                     175   512     1     -b----     18.9
>>
>> This last "xm list" is when I tried restarting vre06 and where it blue
>> screens.
>> xen03:/etc/xen/images # xm list
> [...]

Stephan Seitz
Senior System Administrator

*netz-haut* e.K.
multimediale kommunikation

zweierweg 22
97074 wÃrzburg

fon: +49 931 2876247
fax: +49 931 2876248

web: www.netz-haut.de <http://www.netz-haut.de/>

registriergericht: amtsgericht wÃrzburg, hra 5054