[Xen-users] Xen and Bonding on Centos 5.2

Hi folks,

I have a server where I have solved the well known problem with a bonding interface as netdev on Xen/Centos 5.x (current: 5.2) - the problem is, that in mode=1 (active-passive) the slave interfaces are de-/activated round robin at least once a second. "network-bridge stop netdev=bond0" stops this nonsense and makes the bonded interface work well again.
I had to do change 3 entries to get it running:
1. in /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp I set "(network-script 'network-bridge netdev=bond0')" - that is explicitly naming the 'physical' interface. 2. in /etc/libvirt/qemu/networks/default.xml I have set xenbr0 to be the default bridge.
3. in /etc/sysctl.conf I added "net.ipv4.conf.all.proxy_arp = 0"

Now I have set up a second server exactly like the first (even with the same NIC chips, t3), but this time the problem persists: the slave interfaces start switching permanently as soon as the network-bridge script has moved bond0 to the bridge.

I have looked and tested for days now, but I do not come to any result. My first thought was that with the first server setup I forgot to document some little change I made. So I sought the web and compared my config files, but I cannot find anything.

I need help in this, please! I am stuck within the problem, I do not see anything at all any more. There must be something I overlook - any hint or help is greatyl appreciated.

Dirk