[Xen-users] default gateway and xenbrX interface

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: vu pham <vu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 14:12:45 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 12:14:05 -0700

On a server with two ( or more ) NICs, is there any relationship between the default gateway and the creation of the devices xenbr0, xenbr1 ?

I got into a problem where my Xen server, with two nics, does not create the device xenbr0, instead it keeps creating xenbr1. The same for peth0, i.e. peth0 is not created, but peth1 is. In this server the default gateway goes out to the router on eth1's LAN.

Then I change the default gateway to the router on the the eth0's LAN, then xenbr0 is created.

The server has OS RHEL5.2.

Thanks for your advice,

Vu