[Xen-users] NFS between domU and dom0 causes the virtual network to freeze! Please help

Hello,

I'm a new user to Xen, so please be patient with me.
I just installed a dom0 on my root-server and I also got a xenU to work with
routed network. I can access from both sides and I can access both machines
from any other computer too.
So far - so good.. (gentoo on both ends by the way)

My plan was to use a mounted NFS-directory from dom0 on my domU to place /home
(and later other directories too) physically on the dom0 (for easy backups
running from the dom0). I think this is a typically setup from a xen
environment.

Well, the mount of the exported nfs-directory on my domU works well. I can do
a listing, I can touch a file and I even can copy a small testfile (several
100k) over the NFS. But when I try to copy a larger File (several MBs) the
network to my domU freezes! The domU isn't reachable any more. Neither from
dom0 nor from any other computer.
The dom0 is working normal - I can reach all the places and can ping anywhere.
Only domU is affected. It seems that the virtual network of xen is crashed.
The OS itself of the domU isnt affected as I can just use the xen-console to
attach to the domU. There I can't see any strange things - only the network
isn't working any more.
Furthermore I can't restart my domU. It seems that xen can't attach the vif1.0
Interface the the domU any more. My only chance is a complete reset of the
whole dom0 (restarting)!
It seems that this problem have something to do with NFS as I can copy larger
files (several 100MBs) using netcat. This don't break anything. It must have
something to do with nfs.
Are there any information I can provide for more details about this problem?
Are there any known bugs about nfs over xen? What can I do to collect more
debugging informations to get ideas where the problem maybe resides? Can this
have something to do with wsize or rsize of the nfs protocol?

Any help would be really appreciated as I urgently need to get this machine to
work with all its domUs!

With best Regards,
Martin Fernau