Re: [Xen-users] Vista Ultimate 32-bit install - VNC woes

James Harper pravi:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm running Xen server based on OpenSuSE 11 (Xen version
>> 3.2.1_16881_04-4.2). I have several Linux DomU's that run perfect.
>>
>> Now I need a temporary Vista install (for testing) so I used
>> 'virt-manager' to install Vista. I used LVM based setup, Vista got 4GB
>> of memory (at least temporary) and 2 CPU's.
>>
>> Initially things look good - I get the console window, Vista starts up
>> and I get to choose the language & keyboard layout. It then completes
>> copying files and starts ', the VNC connection is suddenly lost and I
>> can't get it back.
>>

> First try running Vista with 2G of memory instead of 4G, and with a
> single CPU.

I tried with a single CPU before, but why didn't I thing about reducing
the memory?

Thanks, that helped and Vista is now running (surprisingly well, I may add).

 Danilo

> I had problems under Xen 3.2.1 with Windows 2008 which has a lot in
> common with Vista. Something to do with emulation of a certain
> instruction when the instruction occurs at a page boundary. If you trawl
> the list archives for my email address and 'Windows 2008' you might find
> a reference the changeset that fixed it for me. The 'xm dmesg' errors I
> was getting were quite different to what you are getting though so I
> suspect that that may not be your problem, and in my case Windows 2008
> would install after a few attempts but would always crash within a few
> minutes of use.
>
> James

Danilo Godec, sistemska podpora

Predlog! Obiscite prenovljeno spletno stran http://www.agenda.si

ODPRTA KODA IN LINUX
STORITVE : POSLOVNE RESITVE : UPRAVLJANJE IT : INFRASTRUKTURA IT :
IZOBRAZEVANJE : PROGRAMSKA OPREMA

Visit our updated web page at http://www.agenda.si

OPEN SOURCE AND LINUX
SERVICES : BUSINESS SOLUTIONS : IT MANAGEMENT : IT INFRASTRUCTURE : TRAINING :
SOFTWARE