Re: [Xen-users] Preventing DomU corruption in case of Split-Brain of heartbeat

Dr. Volker Jaenisch schrieb:
> Hi Xen-Users!
>
> We run an large HA XEN system based on heartbeat2.
>
> Storage base is an infiniband storage cluster exporting iSCSI devices
> to the frontend HA XEN Machines. The iSCSI devices are used as pysical
> devices
> for the domUs using the block-iscsi mechanism (by the way thanks for
> this cool script).
>
> Recently we had a split brain in our heartbeat system. This causes both
> of our XEN servers to
> fetch the iSCSI-Device and run the domU on it. This resulted in severe
> damage of the filesystem of the domU.
>
> Is there a method to limit the number of iscsi-sessions per iSCSI
> target, to prohibit the double aquisition
> of a iSCSI device.
Afaik, you should use a quorum disk (a disk with a clusterfs which
allows concurrent access) so that each server could touch a file on it
to leave a time stamp. So a server could be assumed to be  down when he
misses three times in a row or so to update his time stamp (disconnected
from storage or sth). Then the other servers could jump in. when it
comes back online on the same way a rejoin could be planned.

Florian