[Xen-users] xend, xenstored, xenconsoled restart

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Ferenc Wagner <wferi@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 23:50:28 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 14:51:08 -0700

Hi,

I'm looking for some definite info about when it's allowed to restart
the various Xen daemons (xend, xenstored and xenconsoled).

Up to now I worked with the assumption that I can restart them while
guest domains are running on the host and there's no harm done.
Indeed there wasn't, until now, when on restart one of my domains
became Domain-Unnamed (but kept on working), while the others
disappeared and didn't ping anymore...

(I've got the domain info dump from xm dmesg and the xend logs if
anybody can debug this.  I'm using Xen 3.2.1.)
--
Thanks,
Feri.