Re: [Xen-users] xen on openSUSE

Take a look at this -
http://www.novell.com/communities/node/5071/sles-10-sp2-networking-under-xen-troubleshooting-and-recommendations

Novell recommends a manual bridging setup using 'standard' SuSE scripts
and disable Xen 'network-bridge' scripts. The document describes SLES,
but I use the same approach on several OpenSuSE based Xen servers, some
of then featuring three network cards and VLAN's (that's where things
got complicated with Xen scripts).

OTOH I never had a problem with OpenSuSE and Xen scripts when only one
network card was used.

 Best regards, Danilo

NÃmeth TamÃs pravi:
> Dear developers!
>
> I've found that recent xen releases cannot be simly run on openSUSE! The
> script /etc/xen/scripts/xen-network-common.sh makes some incorrect
> assumptions on the SuSE ifup script. Bridged xen networking only works
> if the script executes this branch:
>
> preiftransfer()
> {
>   true
> }
>
> ifup()
> {
>   false
> }
>
> ifdown()
> {
>   false
> }
>
> Otherwise the xen networking scripts fail to put the main bridge (called
> eth0 on my servers) into the up state, because it thinks that it's
> already up, but it's down in fact! So, I think the mentioned script
> should choose the branch above, if it finds the file /etc/SuSE-release.
>
> Or something like that.
>
> Best regards:
>
> Tamas Nemeth

Danilo Godec, sistemska podpora

Predlog! Obiscite prenovljeno spletno stran http://www.agenda.si

ODPRTA KODA IN LINUX
STORITVE : POSLOVNE RESITVE : UPRAVLJANJE IT : INFRASTRUKTURA IT :
IZOBRAZEVANJE : PROGRAMSKA OPREMA

Visit our updated web page at http://www.agenda.si

OPEN SOURCE AND LINUX
SERVICES : BUSINESS SOLUTIONS : IT MANAGEMENT : IT INFRASTRUCTURE : TRAINING :
SOFTWARE