RE: [Xen-users] Building from Source

Quoting Nathan Eisenberg <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Jon,

As I mentioned - the disk line seems to have no effect on whether or not the DomU boots. Even with no disk line, I get the same results. The loop device was just a temporary contrivance for testing, but is definitely not the cause of the issue.

Nathan,

Using your config file I can get the same results on a known working dom0. Whether I have the disk line in or not, when I boot the domu this is what I see:

root@xenproof:/etc/xen# xm create nathan
Using config file "./nathan".
Started domain lb1

root@xenproof:/etc/xen# xm list
Name ID Mem VCPUs State Time(s)
Domain-0                                     0  2367     2     r-----   2073.1
domutest                                    12   512     1     r-----   3662.0

Is this what you are seeing as well?

What OS is on loop0? Did you already install an OS onto that device? I went back through the archives and couldn't find the email that said you had already done that. I may have missed it though.

Jon