From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of jonr@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 3:27 PM
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Building from Source

Are you using this config file for your domu?

name = "lb1"
builder = "hvm"
memory = "512"
device_model = "/usr/lib/xen/bin/qemu-dm"
kernel = "/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader"
#disk = ['phy:/dev/loop0,hda,w']
boot="c"
acpi="0"
serial = "pty"
vncpasswd = "test"

I found this in one of your previous emails to the list. I used this
to see if I could replicate your problem. Using the config file for
domu that you supplied I get the exact same results on a working
xen3.3 box.

You are trying to use the loop device for a disk for a hvm machine.
You are using 'boot="c"' when there is nothing on the "disk". You need
a line like this:

disk=['phy:/dev/rootvg/nathan,hda,w','file:/home/jonr/nevaeh-i386.iso,hdc:cdrom,r']

I am using your config file and booting just fine. Your problem is
your "disk=" line in your config file. I am using LVM's in this
example but you could also use file based "disks".

When I use the config file you supplied on the list I get the exact
same errors in /var/log/xen/qemu-dm-lb1.log.

You do not want to use /dev/loop0 as a disk.

Jon