Re: [Xen-users] udp packet loss

Quoting Hongbo Zhu <hongbo_zhu@xxxxxxxxx>:

I was sending 5000 syslog messages per second to a virtual machine running on a CentOS 5.2 host, I have a program running on the virtual machine that receives and processes the syslog messages. What I observed is that there is about 30% packets dropped by the dom0 peth0 interface. During the test period, the CPU usage on the virtual machine is about 30-40%. I already did : echo 256 > /sys/class/net/eth0/rxbuf_min on the domU.

Does anyone know how this happen?

Thanks,

Hongbo

In 'dmesg' are you seeing connection tracking full dropping packets or something similar?

Jon