RE: [Xen-users] Stop 8E with GPL PV Drivers

Yes, I did wait a little while for the crash dump and no luck.  Also, if I have Windows set to restart automatically after a crash it reboots itself almost instantaneously after the 0x0000008E BSOD occurs - I barely have time to see it.

I'm not real familiar with the debugger, especially using Xen, so I'm afraid I'll need some help walking through that one.  If you can get me going on the debugger, I'll be happy to provide you with any information that can be obtained out of it.

-Nick

>>> "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 2008/10/28 17:37 >>>
>
> James,
> Attached is a log file locally on the VM I'm having trouble with up
> until it crashed.  Do I need to boot the VM in debug mode or anything
> like that?

As you can't get a crash dump out of it (I assume you have waited a
while - sometimes the crash dump takes a minute or two to get going)
then the debugger would be the next step.

I am expecting that 0x8E is going to be an ASSERT getting triggered, but
I need to know what line in the code is being triggered and what the
condition is.

If you need assistance with the debugger then let me know.

Thanks

James

This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient, please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Privileged/Proprietary Information. In such a case, you are strictly prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this message, its contents or attachments in any way. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete the message from your mailbox. Information contained in this message that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor attributable to SEAKR.