From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Stefan Bauer
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 07:22
To: xen-users
Subject: [Xen-users] PCI-E Passthrough - Missing VGA-Output

Dear Users,

in my case, i want to passthrough a pci-e graphiccard to a hvm guest.
In the bios i have to select whether the onboard graphic is used as
primary vga output or the pci-e one.

If i define the onboard one then the pci-e card gets unavailable in
xen, furthermore lspci did not show it anymore.

if i set the pci-e card as primary, it comes up fine in xen, but if i
hide that card which is required for passthrough, vga output becomes
unavailable.

vga output stops right after that line:

Event-channel device installed.
netfront: Initialising virtual ethernet driver.

how can i force the vga output to the onboard card? its just for
debugging purpose to have an output at all.

Regards

--
Stefan