Re: [Xen-users] p2v

On October 29, 2008 01:18 pm Paras pradhan wrote:
> I need a tool or document which can convert my physical linux machines
> (centOS 5.2, ubunutu 8.04) to para virtualized xen guests.  which tool
> is recommended. Should be free.

Pretty much any backup/restore process or server migration process you
already have in place can be used.  All you are doing is migrating the
data from a physical harddrive to a virtual harddrive.  The only
difference is that you have to create a config file for the VM, instead
of just hitting the power button on a physical server.

We've used dar and rsync with great success for migrating physical servers
to Xen and KVM virtual machines, both PV and HVM.

There's nothing special needed.
--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash@xxxxxxxxx