[Xen-users] xen best practices

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Ramon Moreno" <rammor1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 17:08:30 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 17:09:16 -0700

Does anyone know of any good links for xen best practices?

I am looking for something that provides data on the following:

Best practices for vms.
Clustering solutions (vm layer) - or what is the best solution for
automated failover? rhcs, etc
Most feature rich tools for administration.

As far as I can tell this is what I am thinking thus far -

Deployment -
System Imager appears to do this best. For mass deployment multicast.

OS -
Seems like debian provides best support for xen. Taking the inclusion
of tools available.
Seems like many of the tools were developed to work on at lest debian,
and may or may not be on other OS's

VM deployment -
DomUs should be installed on lvm backed vbds.
Automated failover should be done with clustering. (redhat, or
something similar)

Has anyone use iSCSI for the above using a storage appliance?
Is it better to use something like mogilefs/gfs/afs?
Should the vbds just stay local on lvm?
What is the best method for automated failover?
Xenman vs. Enomalism?

Any thoughts are much appreciated...

Thank you in advance.