Re: [Xen-users] What packages ubuntu-xen-server & ubuntu-xen-desktop are up to on intrepid

  • To: deshantm@xxxxxxxxx
  • From: Boris Derzhavets <bderzhavets@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 00:28:14 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 00:28:57 -0700

   Sorry, for stupid question. Are you saying that install ubuntu-xen-server on Itrepid Server will bring to system xen-3.3.gz ,vmlinuz-2.6.18.8-xen,initrd-2.6.18.8-xen.img ?
   In other words, would it work like cloning via "hg" Xen 3.3 repository to local host and making xen build with 2.6.18 kernel ?
Actually, allows to avoid painful procedure of apt-getting packages required for
successful build:-  gcc,build-essentials,zlib,libncurses, . . .
Through my comprehension Xen Hypervisor requires xenified kernel, ramdisk,
and daemon xend to run on the system.

Otherwise, i don't understand what exactly mean words :-
"Intrepid apparently does have Xen 3.3 hypervisor support"

Thank you.
Boris