[Xen-users] Do virtual machines depend on hardware of host???.

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Diaz Corchero, Miguel Angel" <miguelangel.diaz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 16:36:06 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 07:37:49 -0800

Hello

I have two different physical machines, by example, physical_machine1 and physical_machine2.
And over both machines I installed Centos 5.2 and then I compiled and installed Xen 3.2.
Afterwards, I started a debian virtual machine on physical_machine1. This VM is called virtual_machine1.
Then, over physical_machine2 I started a Centos virtual machine. That VM is called virtual_machine2.

The resuts are:
virtual_machine1 run successfully on physic_machine1
virtual_machine2 run successfully on physic_machine2
but ...I exchanged VMs and ...
virtual_machine1 doesn't run on physic_machine2
virtual_machine2 run on physic_machine1

I read virtual_machines depend of processor flat and there is a way based on install a basic architecture on dom0.
¿Is it possible?

Do you know a way to make a VM runs over 6 different hardwares?
NOTE: Those hardwares are very different (cpus = Intel of 3 years ago, Amds, news Intel. disk of different kind )

Regards in advance.

Miguel A. Díaz Corchero
Unidad de Sistemas y Explotación
CETA-CIEMAT, Trujillo, Spain

---------------------------- Confidencialidad: Este mensaje y sus ficheros adjuntos se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario y puede contener información privilegiada o confidencial. Si no es vd. el destinatario indicado, queda notificado de que la utilización, divulgación y/o copia sin autorización está prohibida en virtud de la legislación vigente. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos que nos lo comunique inmediatamente respondiendo al mensaje y proceda a su destrucción. Disclaimer: This message and its attached files is intended exclusively for its recipients and may contain confidential information. If you received this e-mail in error you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copy or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. In this case, please notify us by a reply and delete this email and its contents immediately. ----------------------------