Re: [Xen-users] Another GPLPV pre-release 0.9.11-pre20

On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 4:20 PM, James Harper
<james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Well that's good news.

My result is slightly different though. Install drivers succeeded, and
it asks for reboot. Since it hasn't installed shutdownmon or copy
config yet, I choose restart later. No progress.

So I edit boot.ini to add /gplpv, then I try to shutdown the server.
It seems to be waiting for something (doesn't shutdown).

Then I force shutdown the server (xm destroy). Start it again with
/gplpv. It keeps on displaying the splash screen. So I "xm destroy"
and start again, finally I was able to log in :D

>> Can you attach the debugger and send me the output of the boot?
>>
>> Failing that:
>> 1. Disable the network devices in 'Device Manager'
>> 2. Reboot
>> 3. Start DebugView from sysinternals.com with 'Kernel Capture' enabled
>> 4. Enable the device devices
>
>                ^^^^^^ I mean network devices here of course :)

Xen net started disabled after driver installation. After booting with
/gplpv, it stays disabled. Enabling it manually doesn't work (it says
"enabled", but still disabled).

>> 5. Cut and paste the output of DebugView into an email and send it to me

attached. I tried enabling xennet twice while DebugView running.