Re: [Xen-users] hvmloader was not built

Quoting Ingo Rauner <irauner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi!

I tried to build the Xen 3.3.0 source distribution on a Debian
GNU/Linux 4.0 r4a (AMD64). There were no errors reported during build
process or installation. But I am not able to create any HVMs because
the hvmloader is missing.

Hello Ingo,

To build windows you need Dev86src-0.16.17.tar.gz and then you need to cd to the
/<xenDirectory>/tools/firmware/ and run make to build the hvmloader
for building winxp. http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robert.debath/dev86/

I would go into the XenSourceDirectory first and 'cd' to the ../tools/firmware/ directory and run make, you might already have the Dev86src installed.

Hope that helps,

Jon