[Xen-users] RE: [Xen-devel] GPLPV drivers for windows 0.9.12-pre3

> > Could be multiple reasons for that. What version did you have
installed
> > previously?
>
> Sorry, I don't remember, it's been about 4-5 months, I think. :-/

Unfortunately, 4-5 months ago is smack in the middle of a lot of changes
I made.

If it's anywhere since 0.9.10 it should upgrade smoothly. Anything less
than that and ymmv.

Here are some instructions for uninstalling it completely, after which
you may be able to reinstall it again successfully:

0. Make sure you have a backup
1. Remove xen*.sys from c:\windows\system32\drivers
2. Remove any oem.* files from C:\Windows\inf that contain the string
"net"
3. Remove HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Xen* from the
registry
4. Remove any key value called "UpperFilters" or "LowerFilters" from
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\ containing the text 'Xen'
(eg 'xenhide.sys')
5. Reboot

Make sure that /GPLPV is not specified in the boot.ini boot entry you
use when re-installing from scratch (okay for upgrading, just not the
first install). The installer should warn you about this.

Please let me know how you go - if it works as described I'll put the
removal instructions on the wiki.

James