Re: [Xen-users] How to setup multiple vif's using different ethernet nic's for DomU

On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 14:54 +0700, Peter Privat wrote:
I have been reading the xen-netorking wiki page. But I could not get a specific sequence of steps to get this setup running.
Appreciate if you can point me to any doc on the steps.

Maybe this will work:
http://idolinux.blogspot.com/2008/08/xen-add-network-bridge-for-eth1.html

try this:

you need 2 bridge interfaces:
xenbr0 = eth0
xenbr1 = eth1

create a new script with the following lines: (ex: multiplebridge.sh) in /etc/xen/scripts/

#!/bin/sh
dir=$(dirname "$0")
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=0 netdev=eth0 bridge=xenbr0
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=1 netdev=eth1 bridge=xenbr1

make the script executable (chmod +x /etc/xen/scripts/multiplebridge.sh)

modify /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp
change the line:
(network-script network-bridge)
(network-script multiplebridge.sh)

modify your virtual machine to use the new bridge interface:
ex:
vif = [ 'bridge=xenbr1', ]

Hope this helps.

/Peter