[Xen-users] Re: Performance of network block devices (iSCSI)

Simon Hobson <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I've deliberately not put the iSCSI initiator in Dom0 as I want to run
> the absolute minimum in Dom0. Also, putting the iSCSI initiator in
> Dom0 makes it harder to move a VM to another host - having it in the
> DomU means that the VM can be moved without any config changes.

Yes, I run the same configuration for the same reasons.  Basically, I
couldn't find a block-iscsi helper script to use with Debian Lenny,
and performance was acceptable with this setup: I'm able to copy data
between iSCSI devices at 10 MB/s.  So two of my domUs are iSCSI rooted.
On the other hand, iSCSI root support in Lenny isn't that great either,
so I'll surely test putting the initiator into the dom0s as well.
That will also simplify access control management, which is the weakest
point of the current solution.
--
Cheers,
Feri.