Re: [Xen-users] Connect to Xen console

Forgot to mention, though that I never installed X on dom0, the VNC
server is part of Xen and I connected to it remotely from a workstation.
 So the dom0 was still a minimal server build..

Jason Rexilius wrote:
> I tried for days to get console working for HVM guests and never could.
> I had to end up settling on VNC..
>

> Paras pradhan wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 3:05 AM, Guillaume
>> <guillaume.chardin@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>>
>>> hi,
>>>
>>> I'm new on this list and i need help from experienced users to give
>>> andswer for some questions.
>>>
>>> I sen up a dom0 (debian) and would like it to be very minimalist, just
>>> xen tools, some gnu utils and other usefull utilities. This dom0 will
>>> be used to virtualize many hvm OS like windows and some other *nix
>>> paravirtualized. Till there are no problem to view/connect to console
>>> of paravirt OSes, I have some problem  to view console of hvm guests.
>>> I was able to connect only to these guest with vnc. If I use `xm
>>> console <domID>`it's only diplay "connected to <domID> console" (or
>>> something like that), but no "graphics".
>>>
>>> I don't know if it's possible, but is there a way to display the guest
>>> console, directly on dom0 console by using `xm console <domID>`
>>> WITHOUT installing X on dom0.
>>>
>>> Maybe problem come from my config file. I try some tricks with
>>> sdl=0/1, stdvga=1 etc.... But nothing seem to works execpt using VNC.
>>>

>>> Thanks for your help.

>>> kernel = "/usr/lib/xen-3.0.3-1/boot/hvmloader"
>>> builder='hvm'
>>> memory = 128
>>> shadow_memory = 8
>>> name = "winXP"
>>> vif = [ 'type=ioemu, bridge=xenbr1' ]
>>> disk = [ 'phy:/dev/sda5,ioemu:hda,w', 'phy:/dev/cdrom,hdc:cdrom,r' ]