[Xen-users] One physical NIC and multiple bridges

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Tom Lobato <tomlobato@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 11:41:08 -0200
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 05:41:45 -0800

    Hi all!

    There are several docs teaching how to configure multiple bridges
for Xen when you have multiple NICs.
    Well, I want to simulate a environment with 4 machines, but only 2
must have internet access (through physical NIC on dom0), and others can
comunicate with each other. So, I need to make some additional bridges
UNrelated to my physical NIC on dom0.

    I tried to create it manually using:
       brctl addbr br1
    then, in domU 1 config:
       vif = ... bridge=br1 ...
    then, in domU 2 config:
       vif = ... bridge=br1 ...

    When domU 1 and 2 boots up, it is attached to this bridge, as hoped,
but cant ping another domU connected to the same bridge.
    A simple map of my domUs:

               domUs
|               isp1_server----|---physical_NIC
| client-----lan_server     |
|               isp2_server----|---physical_NIC

    Im I forgetting something? If you has a better approach to setup it,
please tell me.

    Tom Lobato