[Xen-users] simple question perhaps

I'm trying to boot an unmodified guest OS via HVM using file:/ based disk image.

I'm able to boot in HVM via CDROM, install the guest OS, write grub to the MBR
of the file:/ disk image without error.  However when I eject CDROM, change
boot order, and reboot, the domU just dies.

I guess I'm asking, does the HVM bootloader, just boot whatever is in the disk
images MBR or does it have special knowledge of limited set of OSes (like
Windows)?