Re: [Xen-users] Can not boot into console with HVM domU?

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 09:18:46AM +0700, TungDH wrote:
> Hi friends,
>
> I installed a HVM domU, but i can not boot into the console (can not use
> /xm console centos4/).Ofcourse, i can connect to domU via ssh.
> In the config file, i attach the line "/extra = 'xencons=tty'/"
>
> When i run '/xm console centos4/', i see the error:
> /xmconsole: Could not read tty from store: No such file or directory
> /DomU installs centos4(minimum installation)
>
> With the same configuration with normal domU (not use HVM), i can boot
> into console easily
>
> What are the different between HVM domU and normal domU?
>
> How can i boot into console of HVM domU?

With HVM, the console is treated differently from PVM. Where for PVM,
Xen simply provides a 'serial alike' console to the domU that you
can connect to from the outside with 'xm console', for HVM Xen actually
simulates a physical console (keyboard, videocard/framebuffer). To
access this simulated console, you need to configure and use VNC.

The "xm console" command for HVM a domU connects to what is usually
presented to the domU as a simulated serial console. If you run Linux
inside the HVM domU, simply attach a getty (via inittab) to /dev/ttyS0
and run it at 9600. For Windows, you can also set up a kind of serial
console.

Regards,
      Alex.
 looks like work."                                      -- Thomas A. Edison