[Xen-users] PCI Passthrough for Windows Half Success on xen-unstable

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "billy lau" <billylau@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:05:59 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 10:06:39 -0800

Dear Xen users,

I have finally been able to pass through a graphics card to a guest running windows XP. This is because after enabling I/O virtualization on xen-unstable, I was finally able to do a xm pci-attach to my guest domain, and my guest is able to see an unknown device. Then, I tried to install the corresponding driver, and it succeeded. However, the problem now is that the real driver is not able to access resource, according to the driver status in window's device manager. Does anyone has a take on this?

Thanks,
- billy