Re: [Xen-users] Xen and KVM.

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 3:04 PM, Emre Erenoglu <erenoglu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 8:53 PM, Johannes Schlatow
> <johannes.schlatow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> - still in development and not as stable as Xen
>
> Well I don't see stability problem on my test systems. For PCI passthough,
> check out this announcement, it's coming:
> http://www.linux-kvm.com/content/kvm-79-released-pci-device-assignment-pci-device-hot-plug

KVM is in very heavy development, it's just too tempting to follow the
latest release; but there are frequent regressions.  if you stay with
a supposedly distro-supported, you avoid those, but wait far longer to
get the best performance and features.

also, usually distro-support was very limited.  hopefully this would
change now that redhad bought Qumranet.

that's why for the time being, Xen still seems the safest choice for servers.

--
Javier