Re: [Xen-users] Shared volume: Software-ISCSI or GFS or OCFS2?

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 11:09:33AM +0100, Rustedt, Florian wrote:
> I want to use shared volumes between severall vm's

What is the purpose of this?

>                                                        defenetly don't
> want to use NFS or Samba!

Why?

> So i have three options:
> 1. simulated(software-) iscsi
> 2. GFS
> 3. OCFS2

This list shows that you have no clue what you are doing. iSCSI is a
transport protocol. gfs and ocfs2 are filesystems.

> What do you suggest and why?

Stick with NFS. Cluster filesystems are complex and fragile beasts. As
long as you don't need it for scalability reasons, it does not provide
you much gain.

> IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential.
> They are intended for the
> named recipient(s) only.

The recipients are always listed in the envelope.

> If you have received this email in error, please notify the system manager or
> the sender immediately and do
> not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies thereof.
> *** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals, and malicious content. ***

Do you want to vouch that noone is able to modify an _unsigned_ message
in transit?

Bastian

--
Klingon phaser attack from front!!!!!