RE: [Xen-users] GPLPV 0.9.12-pre4 uploaded

  • To: "Innuendo" <k.ader@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 15:01:05 +1100
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 20:01:54 -0800

http://www.meadowcourt.org/downloads

> Hi James,
>
> thx for your great work! I will give latest drivers a try next
weekend.
> Before start a test, what's up with xm hotplug commands like
block-attach
> and block-detach in latest build? Are they still bypassed or does
latest
> driver handle hotpluggin, e.g. for cd-rom  media change purpose. Is
> Uninstall util now able to remove drivers and service completely?

The cdrom media change stuff only appears to work in the qemu/ioemu (eg
not pv) mode. There is no mechanism to notify disk change in the pv
communication path.

That said, block-detach and block-attach appear to work just fine.
Obviously doing a block-detach to a device with a page file or something
on it isn't going to work but I just tested it on a cdrom image and it
worked fine. My domain is called virtdemo so I did this:

xm block-detach virtdemo hdc
xm block-attach virtdemo
file:/installmedia/Microsoft/WLK_1.1.100_RTM.iso hdc:cdrom r

Network devices appear to hotplug okay too.

Please let me know if this doesn't work for you.

James