Re: [Xen-users] can xen vm's be used on different xen servers (citrix, oracle, etc...)

Am Freitag, den 21.11.2008, 12:10 +0100 schrieb Thomas:
> I have never tested it yet, but theoretically that is possible. Isn't
> it the purpose of a "virtual machine"?
>
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 3:54 AM, Fenton Travers
> <fenton.travers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I'm wondering if I created a xen vm on Oracle VM if I can use it on Citrix
> > XenServer and vice versa?

Thats exactly that what openqrm is made for. Imagine you have an
appliance (appliance = /-FS with Kernel), which you can mark as
"high-available". In a landscape with e.g. one xen-box, one
vmware-server and one kvm-host openqrm is able to boot your appliance on
any of this hosts. So today your appliance (that is e.g. an
oracle-server) can run under XEN, tomorrow on kvm, next week you maybe
are interested in vmware-server, but the day after you just want it to
run under xen-hypervisor - no problem.

Also interesting is the huge amount of plugins that give you the ability
to manage your storage-server (LVM, iSCSI, NFS, AoE and NetAPP), to
monitor your complete network (with nagios autoconfiguration) and the
cloud-plugin. the cloud-plugin provides a fully automated private cloud
with a separated Cloud portal for external data-center users to submit
their requests to. The Cloud-plugin features a complete automated
provisioning cycle including automatic deprovisioning, Deployment of
phyiscal and virtual machines from different virtualization types, P2V,
V2P, V2V, P2P, "Clone-on-deploy" and a billing system.

We're supporting XEN, Citrix XEN, VMware Server, VMware ESX and
LinuxVServer and it 's open-source.

Package-repositories for many kinds of linux-distros (like debian,
ubuntu, redhat, suse and fedora) are available at

http://packages.openqrm.com/stable

Regards,

Thomas,
from the openQRM-Team