Re: [Xen-users] Which distro for Xen?

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 9:23 AM, Grant McWilliams <grantmasterflash@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 6:54 AM, Nathan Stratton <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008, Johannes Schlatow wrote:

I think Centos 5.2 has the best hardware compatibility.

All our production servers are Centos 5.2 for that reason, we needed out of the box 3Ware, Infiniband, latest Intel eth chip set, etc.

<>
Nathan Stratton                                CTO, BlinkMind, Inc.
nathan at robotics.net                         nathan at blinkmind.com
http://www.robotics.net                        http://www.blinkmind.com

We too only use CentOS for Dom0s. I understand the draw toward newer drivers with Fedora but why would you use a constant beta in a production environment? We're currently using Xen 3.3 for everything.

Grant McWilliams

Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use Windows."
Now they have two problems.

Though  I am running Xen under CentOS 5.2, I recommend to use debian or ubuntu because of the availability of newer packages (>3.0) under debian/ubuntu repos.

Paras.