RE: [Xen-users] lenny amd64 and xen.

> Mauro wrote:
> >I've installed debian lenny amd64, it is frozen now.
> >I've install kernel for xen support but it doesn't start.
> >It says "you need to load kernel first" but I've installed all the
> >packages concerning xen, also packages related to the kernel.
> >Perhaps lenny doesn't support xen anymore?
>
> I found that the Xen kernel with Lenny doesn't work as a Dom0 kernel
> - try Google !
>
> I installed the linux-image-2.6.18-6-xen-686 kernel (and modules)
> which from vague memory was by adding the Etch repositories
> temporarily to apt's config and installing the specific version.
> Checking, I see that all my guests are also running 2.6.16-5 or -6,
> largely because "it works" and I was short of time for
> experimentation.

Have a look at the 'Snapshots' section of
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianKernel

I'm using the amd64 kernel from
http://kernel-archive.buildserver.net/debian-kernel/pool/main/l/linux-2.
6.18-xen-3.3/ but apparently the 2.6.26 xen kernels under
http://kernel-archive.buildserver.net/debian-kernel/pool/main/l/linux-2.
6/ work also.

James