RE: [Xen-users] Xen Documentation

  • To: "'Stephen Spector'" <stephen.spector@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Venefax" <venefax@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 00:28:26 -0500
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 21:31:08 -0800

There is a huge bug in Xen that it is a pain in the neck to solve. In a production scenario, I set all DomUs to avoid using proc 0 (reserved for Dom0 exclusively). This is done, only, by using this trick

Xm list --long NameOfDomU > NameOfDomU.sxp

Edit NameOfDomu.sxp and add (cpus 1-X) after the vcpus line.

Xm del NameOfDomU

Xm new -F NameOfDomU.sxp

The problem is that if you reboot the server, and Xen brings up all the VM's listed in /etc/xen/auto, all this work is lost, it does not get preserved between reboots. If you have a large amount of DomU's, you need to create your own starup script that basically goes over the list of DomU's and does a "xm new -F name.sxp". Xen should preserve those changes automatically between reboots.

Federico