Re: [Xen-users] cant use sda on domu

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Holm Kapschitzki <holm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 14:39:50 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 05:43:18 -0800

Nick Couchman schrieb:
First, unless something has changed in 3.3, Xen does not currently support SCSI devices in domUs. Maybe that has changed - I'm still on 3.2, so I'm not aware of all of the changes. Second, you need to make sure that the device in your domU config file match the devices you're using in fstab. In the domU config, you'll see something like:
disk=[ 'file:/xenstore/vmdevel/Teaming/disk0,xvda,w', ]

If i create domu for example with xen-tools (etch). There is something like this in .cfg file

root        = '/dev/sda2 ro'
disk        = [
                  'phy:/dev/lvmxen/example.com-swap,sda1,w',
                  'phy:/dev/lvmxen/example.com-disk,sda2,w',
              ]

Ok, there have to be no different between this entry and fstab in domu. But i remember, i can use sda in domu cause this is standard, i think. I think too there are a lot of users they take sda als device name. I cant find the mistake.

Holm